Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mirror, mirror on the wall

The Mirror has published a further story about the fraudulent activities of Robin Larkins and The Real World Rental Company. Now at least we have a face to the name.

It is sad to note that these activities are still continuing, and the same lies are spewed forth:

"We've satisfied most outstanding issues," he insisted (Larkins that is, not Ian from the court).

"At the end of the day, we are agents. If owners say to us to withhold a deposit or forward it to them, that's what we do.

"With about 30 people on short-term leases a week that's 1,500 a year. These issues are a very small percentage."

2 comments:

dfwm said...

I think this company may be working under a different guise, as I note this comment in the Mirror:

Jen said:
Hello Mirror.

Any idea where this company has gone? They have done a runner from their offices and the phone number doesnt answer. Looks like they've started another company elsewhere taking all their deposits including mine. Can you find out where?

August 23, 2010 9:26 AM

Unknown said...

Hello DWFM,

I am a journalism student at the University of Westminster doing an investigative piece on The Real World Rental Company and Robin Larkins and I would absolutely LOVE to speak with you regarding your experience. You obviously have a choice whether to remain anonymous or be named. Either way is okay with me..I would just love to hear what you have to say. Could you please contact me ASAP, as my deadline is quite tight and I would like to speak with you as soon as possible! Or if you aren't interested, could you tell me that too? Thank you so much. I can be reached at lynseyinlondon@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you soon!!